Penn Valley Area Chamber of Commerce Member Benefits
- What Chamber Membership Says About Your Business
One of the most important benefits of Chamber membership is the positive statement it makes about your business and your attitude towards your customers and the community. As a member of the Penn Valley Area Chamber of Commerce you are aligned with other businesses, community leaders and individuals in an organization that is committed to having a positive effect on our community and the business environment in our area.
- Networking Opportunities
You will have the opportunity to meet other members, learn about them and their businesses, promote your products and services, make friends and enjoy yourself at Chamber Monthly Mixers and other Chamber sponsored events oriented to community and business issues. As a member you will have an opportunity to host a Mixer, providing even more exposure of your business to our community.
- Marketing Opportunities and Business Referrals
The Chamber offers members many ways to promote their business to other businesses and consumers in the community and interested parties outside of our community.
- FREE Member listing in the business directory on the Chamber website, www.pennvalleycoc.org and in the hard copy Chamber Business Directory.
- Display business cards and brochures at the Chamber office – FREE
- Host a Monthly Mixer
- FREE Member introduction in the Chamber Quarterly Newsletter, published & distributed by the Penn Valley Courier.
- Low Cost distribution of promotional flyers in the Bi-Monthly Mailing to all Chamber members and other community members. This service is available for Chambers members only and is a great business-to-business advertising opportunity.
- Receive Business Referrals from inquiries to the Chamber office and from the Chamber website.
- Broadcast Email Promotion – Receive updates and news regarding issues and events in Penn Valley/Nevada County (1) featuring special events hosted by member organizations (2) welcome new members using broadcast email to our membership and other community members (3) grand openings, ground breaking, expansion and community news provided by members.
- The Chamber routinely holds Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies that are publicized in the area with flyers, mailed invitations, email and promotion in the Penn Valley Courier and the Wildwood Independent.
- Business Assistance
The Chamber offers members many ways to improve their business and to learn and grow.
- Special Seminars and Workshops
- Marketing and research information
- Discount rate for “Constant Contact” e-mail service.
- Events and Activities
The Chamber supports many special community events and area business issues. These activities enable members to become acquainted with important issues and to meet other community leaders in more causal settings. One of the Chamber’s major goals is to help make the community a better place in which to do business and to live. Many of these events are available for businesses to promote their products and services through sponsorship and volunteer efforts. Some of the Community events & activities the Chamber hosts include:
- Annual Town Hall Meeting – Local leadership provides the community with information about issues, projects and programs of interest to the community.
- Penn Valley Daffodil Run – Grand Prix Race
- Annual Easter Egg Hunt in Western Gateway Park
- Penn Valley Rodeo Week and the Rodeo Parade
- Annual Daffodil Bulb Planting Project
- Additionally, we provide support and sponsorship to the following events: Penn Valley Rodeo, Penn Valley Rotary Fall Festival, Penn Valley Fall Festival at Bridgeport, Penn Valley annual Christmas Tree Lighting/Cowboy Christmas at the Penn Valley Shopping Center.
- Visitors Center
Our staff assists visitors and people interested in visiting or relocating to the area, often with the ideal of retiring. Lake Wildwood, a gated community in Penn Valley with 2841 member lots and a population of more than 5,000, is especially popular with retirees. Calls are fielded on a variety of topics such as local and regional events, business referrals, questions about medical and transportation services and much more. Upon request a comprehensive relocation package with maps, information about schools and employment, hospital services, brochures about the area and current local newspapers is available for pick up or mailed at not cost.